We are working closely with health colleagues to ensure that the people of Greater Manchester are protected and kept well informed.
What do I need to know?
You will have heard lots in the media about coronavirus (COVID-19) and might be feeling concerned.
The risk of catching the virus remains low but there are some simple steps you can take to minimise it even further.
Get the latest information at nhs.uk/coronavirus
You can also get answers to common questions about coronavirus here.
Good hygiene is key to preventing the spread of viruses including coronavirus - https://youtu.be/1BwXS4jXNrY
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Symptoms of coronavirus
The symptoms of coronavirus are:
• a cough
• a high temperature
• shortness of breath
But these symptoms do not necessarily mean you have the illness. The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu.
For the latest information visit nhs.uk/coronavirus
COVID-19: guidance for employers and businesses
This guidance will assist employers and businesses in providing advice to their staff on:
- the novel coronavirus, COVID-19
- how to help prevent spread of all respiratory infections including COVID-19
- what to do if someone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 has been in business settings
- what advice to give to individuals who have travelled to specific areas
- actions to take if staff come into contact with someone who is self-isolating or is a possible or confirmed case of COVID-19
The GM Growth Company and the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) are providing guidance and support to businesses that are affected. Please visit the following links for more information: