Be ready for anything
Emergency situations can be stressful, dangerous and upsetting.
But if you’re prepared, anyone can deal with the unexpected.
The free British Red Cross Emergency app can help you deal with emergencies. You’ll know exactly what to do if disaster strikes.
The app is available in the Apple App Store (external site) and Google Play (external site). It allows you to:
- set up emergency alerts for your area. This includes severe weather warnings
- add the location of family and friends. You’ll be able to let them know if a warning is issued for their area or when an emergency strikes, and check they’re safe
- check the current UK terrorism threat level.
In addition to alerts, the app also features:
- a personal alarm and strobe light to attract attention in emergencies
- a location finder, so you’ll always know exactly where you are
- an ‘I’m safe’ notification that can be sent to your friends and family
- clear and practical advice on what to do in a variety of emergency situations.